Based on Article 25 of Regulation (EU) No. 181/2011 of the European Parliament and the Council of February 16, 2011 on the rights of passengers in transportation by ordinary and passenger buses and the Law on the Implementation of Regulation (EU) No. 181/2011 of the European Parliament and the Council of 16 February 2011 on the rights of passengers in bus transportation and the amendment of Regulation (EC) No. 2006/2004 (Official Gazette No. 127/13) the following
SUMMARY of Regulation (EU) No. 181/2011 of the European Parliament and the Council of February 16, 2011.
This Regulation applies, with certain exceptions, to passengers in liner transport when the place of entry or exit of the passenger is within the European Union (EU) and when the transport distance is at least 250 km. Certain provisions of the Regulation apply to all transport services, including transport over distances shorter than 250 km.
Certain exemptions from the application of the Regulation apply to domestic scheduled transport in the Republic of Croatia as well as to international scheduled passenger transport with at least one stop outside the European Union.
Passenger rights for scheduled transport services include:
- Non-discrimination of passengers based on their nationality or the point of sale where the ticket is sold
- The right to transport persons with special needs and persons with reduced mobility (except in cases of non-compliance with safety reasons or inadequate construction of the vehicle or infrastructure)
- Compensation for the loss or damage of a wheelchair or other mobility equipment in case of proven liability of the carrier or bus company
- The right to travel information that should be provided to passengers before and during the trip, as well as information on passenger rights. At the request of persons with reduced mobility, information is, if possible, provided in acceptable forms.
- Establishment of a system of complaints (complaints) by the carrier available to all
- Settlement of the complaint by the carrier within 3 months of receipt
The rights of passengers for scheduled transport between two or more countries of the European Union with a distance of at least 250 km (not valid for internal transport of passengers in the Republic of Croatia and international transport of passengers between an EU country and a country outside the EU) include, among other things, the following:
- Guarantee of continuation or rerouting of the journey to the final destination or refund of the ticket price in cases of overbooking or in cases of cancellation or delay of departure by more than 120
- Adequate assistance in case of cancellation or delay of departure by more than 90 minutes for trips with an estimated duration of more than 3 hours.
- Information in case of cancellation or delay
- Compensation for death or bodily injury, as well as for the loss or damage of luggage due to traffic accidents, and in particular the help of the carrier with regard to the immediate practical needs of the passenger after the accident.
The full text of the Regulation is available on the website http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/HR/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32011R0181
The entire text of the Act is available on the website www.nn.hr
The implementing body in the Republic of Croatia is the Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure.
If you believe that your rights as a passenger have been violated, in accordance with Article 10 of the Consumer Protection Act, you can file a written complaint against the service provided
Promet Makarska d.o.o.
Stjepana Ivičevića 60, 21300 Makarska
or by e-mail:
Website of the European Commission for Online Dispute Resolution: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&.